Third annual GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit in St. Louis chooses 16 innovative companies, mostly Israeli, to present to healthcare execs and VCs.
Ten Israeli companies were among 16 chosen from more than 750 international digital health companies vying for the chance to present at the GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit in St. Louis, Missouri, on June 5.
This is the city’s third annual GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit, aimed at bringing transformational international technologies to the region’s $240 billion healthcare industry. Israeli companies have dominated the list at the highly curated event.
“Israeli entrepreneurs have found a lot of success in St. Louis,” said a spokesperson for BioSTL, biostl.org the local agency that sponsors GlobalSTL
. “To date – through the Summit – 12 Israel-based companies have secured business relationships with leading US healthcare organizations” including such companies as Medial EarlySign and MDClone.
Medial EarlySign’s machine learning-based solution was implemented this year in SLUCare patient-care offices to help flag patients at greater risk of harboring lower GI disorders, from medical data analysis. MDClone signed a strategic partnership agreement with the Institute for Informatics at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis to introduce a new approach to healthcare data access, privacy, analytics, and research.
This year, digital health companies from Israel, Sweden, Portugal, Canada and the United Kingdom were selected to pitch their products to 75 senior leaders from St. Louis and Midwest hospitals and corporations, partner organizations from throughout the Midwest, and venture capitalists.
MyndYou, an Israeli company with an artificial intelligence platform to track, evaluate, and address behavioral and cognitive-related conditions in seniors, was one of 10 Israeli companies invited to present at the 2019 GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit. Photo courtesy of GlobalSTL
The following Israeli firms were chosen for their potential to improve the quality and access to healthcare while lowering costs:
- A-Eye Health, an artificial intelligence-based tele-retinal screening company for diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and macular degeneration.
- AiDoc, whose Always-on Radiology AI technology flags acute abnormalities as they enter the worklist, helping radiologists prioritize life-threatening cases and expedite patient care.
- Healthy.io, a smartphone-based urinalysis solution for patients with chronic kidney disease, diabetic nephropathy, urinary tract infection or pre-eclampsia.
- Healthymize personalized, artificial intelligence-based voice analysis that turns smart devices into remote patient monitoring devices for voice-affecting diseases such as COPD, asthma, heart failure, neurological and mental health disorders and diseases.
- IBEX, an artificial intelligence-driven digital pathology platform for rapid, accurate and objective cancer diagnosis
- Kryon, using artificial intelligence to increase the efficiency of health-system and payer call centers, claims processing and other administrative tasks.
- MilagroAI, a real-time predictive analytics platform using structured and unstructured data to address hospital-acquired infections and readmissions.
- MyndYou, an AI platform that tracks, evaluates and addresses behavioral and cognitive-related conditions in seniors.
- Nuvo, an AI-powered wearable pregnancy monitoring and management platform.
- Uniper Care, a digital health and wellness platform to address social isolation in seniors.