HME and Filters
- Straight connector
- Angled connector
- Adult, Pediatric, Neonatal
The HME (Heat-Moisture-Exchanger) filter cassettes for heat and moisture exchange, condition the air, improve the quality of speech and are simple to use, independent of whether the patients use a voice prosthesis or not. A tracheostomy leads to a loss of mouth/nose breathing, this means that the filtering, warming and humidification of the air has to happen in a different way. To prevent irritation of the airways, due to dry air, dust or harmful substances contained in the air, a filter is required. After surgery, tracheostomised/laryngectomised patients frequently suffer from increased production of mucous and coughing. These symptoms can impair speech rehabilitation and breathing. The regular use of HME filter cassettes with Heat and Moisture Exchangers alleviates the symptoms and increases the quality of life.
The MEDEREN combined filter/HME product line offers solutions to meet the needs of both anesthesia and intensive care.
- Bidirectional filtration offers both patient and equipment protection from airborne pathogens
- Available in a variety of sizes to meet all clinical situations
- All units feature outstanding moisture output, low resistance to flow and minimal deadspace
- Our lightweight heat and moisture exchangers (HME) and heat moisture exchanger with filter (HMEF) provide low resistance to flow. They are also treated to provide bacteriostatic and hygroscopic (HCH) benefits.
New productsAll products
Latest newsAll posts
It’s early days before your doctor’s clothes will be self-sterilizing from the patient before you, but the cheap-to-produce film could still be a game-changer
Zebra Medical Vision, the AI medical imaging insights company, announced Wednesday it has received its fourth FDA 510(k) clearance for the HealthCXR device intended for the identification...
TORONTO – A team of Toronto doctors has completed the world’s first brain aneurysm surgery using robotics, leading to hope of better treatment for aneurysm and stroke patients,...